Tuesday 10 November 2009

Napier to Wellington




Well I had the ride of my life today, the roads just have no traffic on them and we had another sunny 380 km into Wellington. We stopped at mount Bruce where we had lunch at Pukaha wildlife centre, which looks after some Takahe birds, see picture, and from there we crossed over a mountain range and down into Wellington. The ride across the mountain was probably the most exhilarating of my life and I felt really alive. How I wish more of my VSOC friends could be here - it's not quite the same without you all.
Up at 6am to ride to the ferry and our 3hr crossing the the south island. We enter the land of the Ork and the riders of Rowhan in the morning...... whats that I hear ???? My Precious !!!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Roger hope the trip is going well say hello to everyone for me sounds like you are having a great time. i just got in from Queenstown the South Island has some really great sights, if you have any questions i can help with just drop me a line. Tony abrooking.r2r@xtra.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way you're also entering the land of the big crayfish, Paua, oysters and your favourite KINA!!! haha BAZ will be stoked. Safe travels my friend I'll follow your blog until we meet again on the 25th. Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys, just got in from the gym and just picked up your message, sandra has sent little bros phone no. via text message to you he lives in Wildmans Road, Motueka, South Island hope nz is living up to your expectations we are with you in spirit, not the JD sort either you will also know by now too that the kiwis do things their way if you thought the north island was good boy have you got a nice surprise coming I will try to contact tony tonight, if you hsve no joy in getting the phone no; then call me see you all soon safe riding Harris
    ps: I will give tony your number to if I can get in touch with him

    ReplyDelete
  4. Message for john stevens have spoken to tony tonight (8am NZ time) Passed on your mobile number and he will phone you tonite(NZ) time. hopefully to arrange for you all to meet up
    cheers Harris have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rog, as John said, we're with you in spirit. Seems like you'll have a few tales to tell when you get back - Jen n' Tel.

    ReplyDelete